CFO / Finance Director
WordDive’s revenue has grown quickly, and in 2020 it exceeded 2.5 million euros (preliminary, unaudited). WordDive is the leading learning application in Finland and is profitable. Now, in February/March 2021, we are releasing a new application called Master English in the first two markets. The Master English brand is pursuing both very fast international growth and a position as one of the leading actors in digital language learning.
With our business growing and the second brand placing new demands on the company’s financial management and leadership we are now looking for a professional in financial management who also has a strong capacity to take care of other business changes and management matters.
Regarding its life cycle, the company is in a scale-up phase. It means that in this community of 40 employees you need to have a preparedness for strategic thinking several years ahead as well as a willingness to take care of running practical matters, and everything in between.
Your work tasks include:
- Leading and developing the financial management of a scale-up company: budgeting, performance tracking, responsibility for outsourced accounting, financial statements and reporting.
- Strategic business planning: producing business scenarios and analyses in cooperation with marketing and data analytics personnel for decision-making and funding.
- Taking note of tax and legal matters in the development of the company and the strategic use of applicable subcontractors.
- Tasks related to business development which suit your skillset, such as establishing a sales company in target market (with the assistance of a lawyer) or tendering out payment service providers.
- Possible management of a business entity within an agreed-upon strategic framework (e.g. developmental goals of revenue and profitability).
- An applicable university degree in financial management
- At least five years of work experience in financial management
- Experience in consumer business (B2C)
- You can demonstrate leadership in developing financial processes, standardising practices and terms, building scalable solutions and bringing forth key observations
- A hands-on attitude. You lead financial management processes according to your own know-how and, when necessary, gladly take care of mechanical tasks yourself, understanding the needs and realities of a scale-up company.
- A high work ethic combined with precision and carefulness come naturally to you
- Fluent written and oral English skills (the working language of the company is English)
The following are considered an advantage
- Experience in scale-up companies, international business and/or digital services
- Experience in business analyses and scenario work
- An understanding in customer acquisition’s channel-specific attribution modelling and budget optimisation
- Managerial experience
- Further language skills
The work begins: As soon as a suitable person is found
Working hours: Full-time work
The application period ends: 28.2.2021
Let us know why you would be a suitable person for the job and send your CV and salary requirement along with an application to us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Possible questions regarding the post can be addressed to Head of Talent Heidi Sharma +358 10 205 4450.