(Senior) Backend Developer
Are you experienced in developing mobile and web backend? Do you want to work with an award-winning language learning technology? If yes, keep reading – you might be the backend developer we have been looking for!
What your responsibilities will be
You will work with mobile and web backend. In this responsible role, your opinions matter and you will be able to see the impact of your own work.
You are an efficient, careful, and flexible team worker who values achieving common goals. You actively want to improve your own skills and you have good communication skills.
Even though the job is independent, you will have a professional and nice team supporting you. With your team, you will solve different problems and create a meaningful learning service for the customer.
What we offer
- A meaningful job. With WordDive, you will get to support and develop people’s language learning.
- Multidisciplinary team that supports and encourages its members.
- Open work atmosphere. At WordDive, we have low bureaucracy and you will get to affect the matters concerning work community.
- Innovative work environment. WordDive is constantly evolving and we want to make sure that our employees evolve with the company as well.
- Freshly renovated office in the beautiful factory area of Tampella. The spacious sauna facilities at our office can be freely used by our employees.
- Laid-back work culture. Even though we work hard, we also know how to take it easy. Be prepared for fun activities and get-togethers!
What we expect from you
- Experienced with (or willing to learn) Python or Golang
- Experience with scalable application development
- Quality over quantity & testing mindset
- Database knowledge (Postgres, Redis)
- Version control (Git)
- A customer-oriented way of working
- Good oral and written skills in English
The following points are considered an advantage for the applicant
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- DevOps mindset and familiar with the toolset (e.g. GitLab)
- Basic experience from web frontend development
- Linux skills
- Personal interest, being up to date with new technologies
WordDive is the leading language learning application in Finland. It is profitable, and our revenue has grown rapidly: in 2020 it exceeded 2.5 million euros.
In February 2021 we released a new application called Master English in the first two markets, Mexico and the United States. The Master English brand is pursuing both very fast international growth and a position as one of the leading actors in digital language learning.
The work begins: As soon as we find the right person
Working hours: Full-time
Application ends: As soon as we find the right person
Please send your application and CV to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org