Director, People and Culture
WordDive is the leading language learning application in Finland. It is profitable, and our revenue has grown rapidly: in 2020 it exceeded 2.5 million euros.
In February 2021 we released a new application called Master English in the first two markets, Mexico and the United States. The Master English brand is pursuing both very fast international growth and a position as one of the leading actors in digital language learning.
With our business growing and the second brand placing new demands on the company’s human resources management, operational culture leadership and subcontracting, we are now looking for a professional in human resources management who also has a strong capacity to take care of other business changes and management matters.
The company is in a scale-up phase in its life cycle. It means that in this multicultural community of 40 employees you need to have a preparedness for strategic thinking several years ahead as well as a willingness to take care of running practical matters, and everything in between.
We believe in the importance of the three pillars of our human resource development:
- Diversity – We identify and make the most of a person’s individual characteristics and especially their potential strengths.
- Inclusion - The company culture and ways of working allow everyone to feel needed and part of a larger whole.
- Belonging - Everyone can feel accepted in our work community.
Your tasks include
- Leading the human resources of a scale-up company and developing it according to the basic pillars mentioned above.
- Leading the company operational culture, including remote and office-based ways of working.
- The integration of subcontracting as part of the company operations.
- Supporting the leadership team and management.
- The implementation and the development of the Mission based competence development-process tailored to our company needs.
- Tasks related to business development which suit your skillset.
- An applicable university degree.
- At least 10 years of work experience in human resources development.
- Experience in consumer business (B2C).
- You can demonstrate leadership in developing human resource management processes.
- A hands-on attitude. You lead financial management processes according to your own know-how and, when necessary, gladly take care of mechanical tasks yourself, understanding the needs and realities of a scale-up company.
- A high work ethic combined with precision and carefulness come naturally to you.
- Fluent written and oral English skills (the working language of the company is English).
The following are considered an advantage
- Experience in scale-up companies, international business, self-directed teams, subcontracting and digital services.
- Experience in the main areas of modern human resource management, with a focus on diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- An understanding of the importance of the potential strengths and cohesion in personnel.
- Managerial experience.
- Further language skills.
The work begins: As soon as a suitable person is found
Working hours: Full time
Application ends: 26.9.2021
Let us know why you would be a suitable person for the job and send us your CV and salary requirement to email@example.com.
Possible questions regarding the post can be addressed to CEO Timo-Pekka Leinonen, 010 205 4451.